The Find My Mobile feature, highlighted by the com.Samsung.android.fmm, allows you to remotely locate your device. Have you ever heard of someone misplacing their Samsung phone and then tracking it down remotely? The COM Android FMM code made this possible.
The com.Samsung.android.fmm in other words, the Samsung find my mobile service, has the following permissions and abilities.
- Has the ability to recognize network operator data
- Has the ability to locate the phone (GPS)
- Has the capability of reading the device ID (e.g., IMEI or ESN)
The code and the app it highlights have the advantage of assisting you in locating the device even when it is offline. As a result, you must ensure that the device you are using to locate the Samsung phone is online.
Table of Contents
- How to turn on the remote access feature of Samsung FMM?
- To find your phone through Samsung, find my mobile service,
- What do you have to know about com.Samsung.android.fmm?
- How do I turn off the com.Samsung.android.fmm app?
- Some related FAQs.
How to turn on the remote access feature of Samsung FMM?
You must do the following to enable the remote control feature:
- Choose Apps from the home screen or swipe up to access your apps.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Biometrics and Security or Security and lock screen or Protection (you may need to scroll down the screen)
- Select Find My Phone.
- Turn on Find My Mobile by tapping the switch. The switch will be greyed out if you do not have a Samsung account on your device. To create your Samsung account, tap Add Account.
- Turn on Remote unlock, Send the last location, and Offline finding by tapping the switches.
- If you already have a Samsung account on your account, you may be prompted to enter your password.
To find your phone through Samsung, find my mobile service,
To find your phone, do the following:
- To find your mobile device, visit the Find My Mobile website and select Locate my mobile.
- If this is your first time logging in, check the box to agree to the terms and conditions, then click I agree.
- Find My Mobile will try to find your device. Depending on the network environment and the state of the mobile device, it may take a long time or fail.
- When your device is located, a marker on the map indicates its approximate location.
What do you have to know about com.Samsung.android.fmm?
Samsung’s Find My Mobile remote control service has a plethora of useful features.
These include the “wipe my device,” “unlock my screen,” “locate my device,” “ring my device,” and “lock my device” functions, as well as the “wipe my device,” “unlock my screen,” “locate my device,” “ring my device,” and “lock my device” functions. These service features are not activated by default. They become active only after the user registers for a Samsung Account.
In other words, Find My Mobile enables users to track the location of their mobile device. In the event of theft, the user has the ability to remotely lock, wipe, or ring the phone.
However, a serious vulnerability in the Samsung feature was discovered, allowing hackers to use the same tool to remotely lock the device and set a chosen passcode.
The vulnerability revolves around Samsung mobile devices’ remote control system.
“The Remote Controls feature on Samsung mobile devices does not validate the source of lock-code data received over a network,” according to the National Institute of Standards and Technology. “This makes it easier for remote attackers to cause a denial of service (screen locking with an arbitrary code) by triggering unexpected Find My Mobile network traffic” (NIST).
How do I turn off the com.Samsung.android.fmm app?
Disabling the com Samsung android fmm app is as simple as repeating the activation process, with the exception that you turn off the Find My Device option. To disable com.Samsung.android.fmm, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Choose an app
- Look for com.samsung.android.fmm.
- Simply click on it.
- Click the Disable App button.
Some related FAQs.
What is Android app Galaxyfinder?
The Galaxy S Finder app on Samsung Android phones is packaged under the name app. galaxyfinder.
You can use this Android app to search for pictures, files, and other content on your Android phone, including contacts and notes. You can also use it to do a web search for information.
How do you find hidden apps on Samsung?
Click the Show Hidden Files button at the bottom of the page. You will be able to see any hidden files or folders on your Android device if you enable it.
What do spyware apps look like on Android?
When an app uses the location of your device, a little teardrop symbol will appear in the notification bar on your phone.
This could be a sign that spyware is active and tracking your location if you see it appear when you’re not using any apps that are permitted to access location data.